Wednesday, November 14, 2012

dinosaurs

he
We see them most days in the park. He just likes to watch them watching him. (I watch him watch them watch him).

me
Every single time that I see these mini-dinosaurs I (quite understandably - read on) have vivid flash-backs to the Double Dragon Lap Land Incident of 2011 (seriously, every single time - this has not diminished with frequency of seeing them). I was quite balloony-pregnant and immobile, sitting on the ground with legs stretched out under the shade of a tall leafy tree, with two friends and their beautiful children. Suddenly, like a bolt of scaly lightning, two massive reptiles, locked in a wrestling embrace, fell from the tall leafy tree to land with a thump directly on my lap. I screamed, my friends deftly bolted from either side of me (with complementary screams) and the dinosaurs quickly recovered and hot-tailed it out of there. I was still unable to move (due to a combination of shock and massive boy-child growing inside me), sitting there alone with my legs stretched out, reclining under the shady tree, laughing hysterically. Can I just stress that the one pictured above is a very small specimen, whereas the TWO that fell from the heavens onto me were very large. I have witnesses.