Thursday, October 24, 2013

he + a different me

I've been angling to score a guest spot on this blog for a while and finally the word came through - I'm in!  Actually the word came through a few weeks ago - I've just been very slack at getting around to posting something.
I'm spending a weekday each week with R and am loving it - despite having to juggle a few work things during the day as well.


he
A couple of weeks ago on my R-Day, after a swim at Southbank and a FREE ride on the City Hopper ferry, we checked out the playground at Kangaroo Point that no one else seems to go to.  It was school holidays at the time, so Southbank was a little exhausting and there were bigger kids than usual occupying the playgrounds there.  R hadn't really worked out how to do the slippery slide thing yet - until this day.  He fearlessly took to the slide multiple times and LOVED it.

me
I've been checking out our 3 new local bike shops.  

Bike shop number one is right on our street.  It's been there for a long time but has recently changed names/management.  I hadn't been there for a long time since I had found the staff quite rude on a few occasions previously.  However I ventured back in there and found them friendly enough so ordered a bit for my bike!

It's debatable whether the second bike shop is a bike shop at all as it's definitely more cafe.  Very trendy and everything, but I'm sad to say I don't think it will last more than 6 months...

The third shop is a Trek brand store.  Huge shop, but feels a little new and empty at the moment.  I went in with R and casually flicked a carbon fiber frame to hear it go "Thok!" and then slowly backed away as I saw the $14,000 price tag.  
"So you're looking for a new bike." the salesperson stated presumptuously.  I thought the statement should have been intonated as a question.  
"Um... no actually."