Wednesday, August 13, 2014

market morning

he
After being away/busy for the last 4 or 5 Sundays, it was nice to spend a quiet morning at the markets. He devoured a banana smoothie and chilled out to the live jazz. (Note B's "Why do jazz musicians always seem pretentious?" face. When I asked him if it was ok to publish that, he flared his nostrils and responded, "I was just waiting for them to finish tuning and play a song... But they just kept tuning all morning".)
Afterwards, we headed over to the new playground so he could fill his shoes with bark chips for a while.

me
I bought the Big Issue and a veggie juice (feeling slightly sad about not being able to have my usual sugary chai latte and oily gozleme or starchy rosti, but pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the very-healthy juice and pleased to read Helen Razer's column after too many months without purchasing a Big Issue.)