Monday, October 6, 2014

saturday & grandmothers

he
It was B's 20-year highschool reunion, so B and he spent the day in Toowoomba - first at a picnic with B's classmates, then at Nanma and Pa's place for the afternoon. Nanma recently uncovered some long-lost boxes of toys in the garage, and he spent the afternoon reminding the toys what playing is all about. Then he carefully lined them all up. I think it was his longest 'train' ever! All tuckered out, he slept in the car on the way home. Then didn't fall asleep until 10.30pm...!

me

A day trip to Toowoomba was just a little too far from the Mater hospital for my liking - less than a week until Baby Day - so I stayed home. I made the most of my rare boy-free day by having a bath, reading, working my way through a 'To Do' list and drinking tea with a few lovely friends in the back yard, using my Grandma's (and Great-Grandma's) beautiful tea cups. We ate tasty low-carb snacks, and one clever pal arrived with a freshly-baked ricotta cheesecake which, she had calculated, had just 4 grams of carbs per slice. It was the most excited I've been about eating in months!

we
The day was special from the very beginning, as we received a skype call from my Mom (his Granny) and my Grandma (his Great One) who are together in Toledo at the moment. I loved that they could join us, from the other side of the world, for breakfast! Great One turned 97 a day earlier, she's just incredible!