Monday, November 3, 2014

hello-ween!

he

His dinosaur costume came together at the last minute - finished off satisfyingly when we stuck sharp teeth to a frog beanie. I refused to get it organised ahead of time as he kept changing his mind about what he wanted to be! 

she
She slept the entire time. Of course. Party animal.

me
I was keen to do something a little less chaotic this year, even though I have - in recent years - embraced and thoroughly enjoyed the community/fun aspects of Halloween. We made a plan with a small group of neighbourhood families who have very little kiddies. We met at a friend's place on top of our hill, ate, drank, chatted, relaxed and played, then set off for a very short neighbourhood walk. We knocked on 8 doors, collected treats, and were all done by about 7pm! My kind of party. I had such a nice time, wandering around with friends and family, watching the lovely interactions between the tiny gang and the friendly folk who had prepared treats.